Best Middle Names for Ava | 162 Amazing Ideas for Your Baby Girl
I’ve gathered over 150 of the best middle names for Ava. Whether you’re looking for something short, long, common, or unique, you’ll find lots of interesting ideas for your baby girl here.
Table of Contents
Middle names for Ava
Related Post: Middle Names for Olivia
What is a good middle name for Ava?
Parents have lots of flexibility choosing a good middle name for Ava. Since it’s two syllables, both short and long middle names fit well.
And while Ava is a classic and timeless name, it also sounds modern. This means your choices are unlimited!
- Soft middle names fit well
- Strong middle names with G, K, or T make Ava sound powerful.They don’t have to be the first letter, either. Examples: Ava Claire, Ava Kate, and Ava Beatrice.
- Middle names with V have a fun feel. Surprisingly, even though Ava has a V, V names sound good too! Examples: Ava Valentine, Eva Avalon, Ava Ivy
- Short middle names ending with A do not flow with Ava since it ends with an A sound. For example, Ava Anna, Ava Stella, and Ava Nova do not flow well.
- Instead, consider long middle names ending with A. Three syllable names ending with A like Ava Victoria or Ava Sophia flow much more smoothly
- Since Ava is so timeless, consider an uncommon but recognizable middle name. Examples: Eva Sky, Eva Harlow, Eva Genevieve
- Or choose a meaningful middle name. This could be a name in honor of a friend or relative. Or a nod to a place or feeling that’s important to you. For instance if you like the outdoors, choose a nature-themed name. Some examples are Eva Hope, Eva Charlotte, and Ava Denver
Related Post: Middle name ideas for Emma
How to decide on a middle name
- First, make a list of the middle names you like
- Then, say the first and middle name together. Cross out any that you don’t like
- Next, say the first, middle and last names together. Cross out any that you don’t like.
- Then, make sure the child’s initials make sense. For example, having a child named Ava Shannon Smith would be unfortunate!
- Finally, put the list down and come back to it later. Wait a day and see if your thoughts have changed on any names.
If you get to the end of these steps and need more ideas, look for variations on the names you removed from the list.
For example, if you were considering the middle name Anna, but don’t like the sound of Eva Anna, give some thought to Anne, Annette, Nancy, Annica, Anita, and Annabelle.
If you have too many ideas you like, try ranking them from most to least favorite.
Names with Ava as a nickname
There are many names with Ava as a nickname. If you like Ava, but are looking for something longer, Ava can be short for many other names.
Related Post: Like the name Avacyn? It actually originated from Magic: The Gathering! Find more MTG name ideas here!
What names are similar to Ava?
Related Post: find middle names for Sophia here!
Ava name meaning
The name Ava means to live.
It’s actually a form of the name Eve. Eve comes from the Hebrew word meaning to breathe or to live.
In the Middle Ages, people began to use the name Eve and its latin form, Eva. Then, in the 1800s Eve and Eva became more popular. Finally, since the early 2000s, Eve, Eva, and Ava have risen in popularity in the US and other countries.
There are many fantastic choices for sibling names for Ava. Whether you’re having a girl or a boy, or don’t know yet, your choices are endless!
Boy names that go with Ava
Boy names that go with Ava tend to be longer, less common names. However, Ava is such a beautiful and versatile name, most boy names go with Ava.
Try saying the names out loud together. Some parents like the sound of Ava with a name starting with A or E. Others find the names too similar for their tastes.
Girl names that go with Ava
Many girl names go with Ava! Say both names together to see how they sound to you!
Related Post: 168 middle names for Isabella
As a parent, you have hundreds of options when deciding on a middle name for Ava! I hope this list inspired new ideas for your baby girl!
I use Behind the Name to research history, trends, and other facts!