Evenflo Everyfit vs Graco 4ever – All-in-One Car Seat Reviews
How do you select a convertible car seat that allows you to move from an infant car seat to a backless booster seat without making additional purchases? Some of the most popular all-in-one car seats have a lot of features in common and have a similar appearance, but there are some key differences that could make the difference between a seat you love and a seat you can’t wait to return.
Let’s take a look at two of the leading all-in-one car seats non the market today: Evenflo Everyfit and Graco 4Ever. Both accommodate children from 4 pounds up to 120 pounds and have four seat positions. They even recommend the same weight limits for each seat position, but there are some key differences between these seats.
Table of Contents
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Key Differences Between the Evenflo Everyfit vs Graco 4Ever
There are a lot of similarities between the Evenflo Everyfit and the Graco 4Ever car seats. You may find it easier to select between the two after highlighting the most significant differences.
The Evenflo Everyfit wins on several points:
- More affordable at full retail price
- Includes a removable snack tray not offered by the Graco 4Ever
- Lighter weight and more compact
- Designed to keep babies rear-facing longer
The Graco 4Ever seat takes the lead on the following points:
- Many users find the 4Ever easier to install than the Evenflo Everyfit
- Comes with two infant cushions for complete comfort
- DLX version includes a Rapid Remove cover that saves time
- DLX version received more extensive crash safety testing
From this overview of the differences, you may determine that the Evenflo Everyfit is a great pick if you have smaller car seats, want your baby to stay rear facing after the two years of age, or have a tighter budget.
The Graco 4Ever may stand out if you want a seat that is easy to install or are swayed by the extra safety testing offered by the DLX version. Keep reading to go into more detail about each of these all-in-one car seat options.
Evenflo Everyfit Review
Evenflo’s Everyfit 4-in-1 convertible car seat (click to view on Amazon) is a bit more affordable than the Graco 4Ever car seat, but that doesn’t mean it lacks features or is inferior in safety. It’s designed to grow along with a child for up to 10 years, transitioning between four seat configurations:
- Rear facing — up to 40 pounds and 40 inches in height
- Forward facing — up to 65 pounds and 49 inches in height
- Harness booster — up to 4 years old
- High back booster — up to 120 pounds and 57 inches in height
One big advantage to selecting the Everyfit is the easy seat transitions that don’t require you to uninstall the seat every time your baby grows into a new stage. You can move from a rear-facing baby seat to a forward-facing child seat and into both booster seat configurations without removing the seat from your vehicle.
The Everyfit is also sized to fit many convertible backseats. It allows children to ride in rear-facing without extending the seat or cutting into seat space for other passengers. It has a compact design that is perfect for growing families.
The rear-facing configuration includes three recline positions. The cup holders and snack tray are perfect for long car rides, but you can remove the tray if you need to conserve space.
- Grows with a child for up to 10 years
- 120-pound maximum weight capacity
- Accommodates rear-facing riders beyond 2 years
- Machine-washable cover
- 2 cup holders
- Removable snack tray
- 12 headrest positions
- No-rethread harness
- More affordable than the Graco 4Ever
- Small earrings can catch in the mesh material
- Lengthy instruction manual is difficult for some users to follow
- May not have as much protective side foam as other car seats
- Some users find it difficult to transition seat into new configurations
Graco 4Ever Review
The Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 car seat (click to view on Amazon) retails for a bit more than the Evenflo Everyfit, especially if you spring for the DLX version. The DLX has a couple added features that make installation easier and was placed through more extensive crash testing. The standard Graco 4Ever seat was tested for side impact and is still one of the safest car seats available today.
This car seat can stay with one child for up to a decade, transitioning through four seat configurations:
- Rear-facing harness — up to 40 pounds
- Forward-facing harness — up to 65 pounds
- High-back booster — up to 100 pounds
- Backless booster — up to 120 pounds
The Graco 4Ever car seat was also designed for comfort. It comes with extra cushioning for infants, which you can remove easily. The rear-facing seat has six recline positions, and the headrest has 10 positions. The harness and headrest are designed to move together, which should make it easier to maneuver a baby in and out of the seat.
- Grows with a child for up to 10 years
- 10 headrest positions
- 6 recline positions
- No-rethread harness
- Removable, washable cover
- 2 cup holders
- Easy LATCH system for fast installation
- Simultaneous headrest and harness adjustment
- Removable infant head and body cushions
- Select features are only available on the higher-priced DLX version
- LATCH system only works with rear-facing seat position
- Minimal head support in forward-facing position
- Higher in price than the Evenflo Everyfit
Related post: The best car seats for bigger babies
What is an All-in-One-Car Seat?
An all-in-on car seat is a transitional car seat designed to grow along with a child. They start as a rear-facing car seat suitable for infants and then transition into a forward-facing car seat and finally a booster seat. The best seats will have two booster seat options, eliminating the need to purchase two or three car seats for each child.
There are some advantages to purchasing an all-in-one car seat, including:
- Affordability — Purchasing one seat that lasts for a decade is more affordable than purchasing an infant car seat, toddler car seat, and booster seat.
- Convenience — It’s easier to learn how one convertible car seat works than it is to figure out two or three separate seats over the life of a child.
- Time Saving — You’ll spend less time shopping when you purchase one seat that serves as four seats.
There are also some potential disadvantages to purchase an all-in-one car seat, including:
- They’re often heavier and a bit larger than single-stage car seats. If you plan to travel on a plane, they’ll be difficult to bring along. Related post: Find out about the best FAA Approved Car Seats
- Parents and caregivers with multiple children need to purchase a new seat for every child rather than handing infant and toddler seats down to younger siblings.
Related post: Looking for the right car seat for your pickup? Discover the best car seats for pickup trucks
Selecting the Best All-in-One Car Seat
At this point, you may know which of these two highly competitive car seats best fits your needs. If you’re still uncertain which one to select, answer the following questions to guide your interest in one clear direction
Related post: Want to know your other options for all-in-one car seats? Check out our cheat sheet comparing every 4-in-1 car seat on the market!
What is your maximum budget for an all-in-one car seat?
If you have a limited budget, you may look at the Evenflo Everyfit with greater interest.
How important is safety testing to your final selection?
Both of these car seats meet or exceed all U.S. safety standards, but the Graco 4Ever DLX has a more impressive list of safety testing that includes crash testing from multiple angles.
Are you concerned about space within a smaller vehicle?
When placing a car seat in a car with a small back seat or in a truck, there are space concerns. The width of the seat may also limit the car seats you can safely install. The same goes for squeezing two or three car seats. Every inch counts in those situations, and the Evenflo Everyfit is the more compact option.
When comparing the Evenflo Everyfit vs Graco 4Ever: Evenflo Everyfit is more compact
Related post: The best small car seats for compact cars
How often do you intend to wash the cover of your car seat? Which is easier to remove and wash- Graco 4Ever vs Evenflo Everyfit
That may seem like an odd question, especially since both of these car seats have removable covers that are easy to wash. It does make a difference because the Graco 4Ever DLX has a Rapid Remove cover that is much faster and easier to remove. The more often you intend to clean the seat, the more you may appreciate this small feature.
When comparing the Graco 4Ever vs Evenflo Everyfit: It’s easier to remove the Graco 4Ever’s cover for cleaning
Does an all-in-one car seat meet all of your needs for the next 10 years?
That question may feel impossible, since you can’t see the future, but it’s important to ponder. Do you really want to commit to one seat that will grow along with your child, or would you prefer to select separate seats that meet your child’s needs at all stages of growth? Separate seats may end up more expensive over the years, but they do allow you to perfectly match you baby’s height, weight, and developmental needs at all ages.
Related post: When will your baby transition between all these different types of car seats? Learn about it here with our car seat timeline infographic!
Finally, look at images of each car seat online or take a trip to a local store that has both seats in stock. You may simply like the appearance of one seat more than the other. From how the material feels to the color options and placement of latches and restraints, there are some areas where appearances do matter to many buyers.
Wrap up- Evenflo Everyfit vs Graco 4ever
Both of these car seats are excellent options in terms of safety, budget, and comfort. The differences are small, so select the seat that best fits your family.
If you’d like to see more details on either of these seats, check them out on Amazon here-