The Complete List of Every 4 in 1 Convertible Car Seat
Learn everything about 4-in-1 convertible car seats to find out if they are right for you and your baby.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
4-in-1 Car Seat Summary Table
|Image||Name||Price||Car Seat Size||Child Size|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Britax One4Life ClickTight||$$$$||21 x 20 x 25". 30 lb||RF: 5-50 lb. FF: 22-120 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Chicco Fit4||$$$$||22 x 19 x 27". 25 lb||RF: 4-40 lb. FF: 25-100 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Diono Radian 3QXT||$$$$||16 x 17 x 31". 26 lb||RF: 4-50 lb. FF: 22-120 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Evenflo Everyfit||$$||23 x 19 x 33". 19 lb.||RF: 4-40 lb. FF: 22-120 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Evenflo EveryStage DLX||$$||22 x 19 x 27". 22 lb.||RF: 4-50 lb. FF: 22-120 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Evenflo Symphony Elite||$$||28 x 22 x 20". 24 lb.||RF: 5-40 lb. FF: 22-110 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Graco 4Ever DLX||$$$||20 x 22 x 24". 23 lb.||RF: 4-40 lb. FF: 22-120 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Top Top Top Top||Graco Grows4Me||$$||20 x 22 x 24". 23 lb.||RF: 5-40 lb. FF: 22-110 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
|Maxi-Cosi Magellan Xp Max||$$$||25 x 25 x 20". 27 lb.||RF: 5-40 lb. FF: 22-120 lb.||View Details on Amazon|
Britax One4Life ClickTight
- Extended rear-facing for children up to 50 pounds keeps your child safe
- Easy to install
- This seat’s small profile means it will fit in just about any vehicle
- Seat cover is removable and washable so you can use it for years without accumulating a mess
- The heaviest seat on this list at 30 pounds!
- The harness can be difficult to tighten
- Not compatible with the Britax anti-rebound bar
- Removable seat cushions for easy cleaning
- Easy to install and cinch tightly into place
- Foldable cup holders save space
- Somewhat bulky so may not fit in smaller vehicles
- Can be tricky to reconfigure. Keep the owner’s manual handy when switching between stages
Diono Radian 3QXT
- Narrow width means you can fit 3 across in most mid-size vehicles
- Steel car seat core provides safety
- Folds flat for storage
- Kids can easily climb into the seat
- No head support for younger babies- must buy your own
- Installation can be difficult compared to other seats on this list
- Removable, machine- washable seat liner for easy cleaning
- Cupholders and snack tray are easily removed so you can wash them
- Can be difficult to tighten the straps
- Made of Jersey- like fabric, which holds a lot of crumbs
- Difficult to install if your car doesn’t have LATCH anchor system
Related post: Compare the Evenflo Everyfit and the Graco 4Ever
Evenflo EveryStage DLX
- Ratchet-type installation makes tightening the seat easy
- Great angle for head support for small babies so their heads don’t slump
- Due to the shoulder positions for the harness, your child may not be able to rear-face for as long as other seats
- Feels flimsy and cheap
- Child can easily remove the cupholders
Evenflo Symphony Elite
- Lots of padding means the seat is comfortable for your child
- Seat cover is removable for easy cleaning
- Very easy to install
- Large- definitely not possible to fit 3 across in most vehicles
- May require a pool noodle or rolled up towel to install at the correct angle in some cars
- Your baby’s head may slump forward at young ages due to the seat angle
Graco 4Ever DLX
- Cover is easy to wash and clean
- Easy to install rear-facing
- Baby’s head may slump forward
- Difficult to install forward-facing
=Related post: Learn the differences between the Graco 4Ever and DLX here!=
- Good value for the price with many features
- Newborns do not fit well in this seat
- Difficult to remove from the car
Related post: The Best Car Seats for Compact Vehicles
Maxi-Cosi Magellan Max
- Comfortable for the child
- Easy to remove and clean the cover
- Easy to buckle the child in
- Dishwasher safe cup holders
- Can be difficult to install securely in some vehicles
- Buckles often get twisted
- Can be difficult to unfasten the center buckle
- Top harness height is short, meaning it won’t last long for tall children
Related post: Read about the best pickup trucks for your growing family here!
What’s a 4-in-1 car seat?
A four in one car seat converts into four different car seats as your baby grows
1. Rear- facing seat
2. Forward- facing seat
3. Booster seat
4. Backless booster seat
To learn more about each type of seat, read more in my post here, Car Seat Timeline here.
What are the advantages of 4 in 1 car seats?
First, you’ll save money. If you buy the middle of the road rear- facing infant seat ($200), a convertible car seat ($150) a booster seat ($100), and a backless booster ($30), you’ll be spending around $480. But a middle of the road 4-in-1 seat is around $200-300.
What are the disadvantages of a 4 in 1 car seat?
Your child will be using that same car seat for a long time! The CDC recommends the average child uses a booster seat up until age 12! Imagine how much wear and dirt that car seat will accumulate!
If you have multiple children in car seats, they will each need their own seat. If you have seats of each type, you could reuse them.
You miss out on the advantages of an infant seat. Parents love infant seats that pop in and out of their bases and into strollers. That way, they don’t have to wake a sleeping newborn!
The 4 in 1 car seat is the jack of all trades. It’s pretty good at a lot of things but not great at any of them. If your newborn is on the small side, they may not fit well in the rear- facing 4-in-1 seat.
Can I use a 4 in 1 car seat with a stroller?
Four in one car seats are meant to be left in the car. They cannot click into a stroller like an infant seat.
How can I clean my 4 in 1 car seat?
Many 4 in 1 car seats have removable fabric covers you can hand or machine wash- check the owner’s manual. Be sure to vacuum out crumbs and other debris your child leaves in the seat, and wipe down the plastic parts with water and a rag. Check the manual to see what other types of cleaners you can use.
Can I take a four in one car seat on a plane?
In theory, most four in one car seats are FAA-approved for use on an aircraft. However, 4-in-1 seats are large, heavy, and bulky, meaning they probably won’t fit in most plane seats and will be challenging to carry through the airport. I recommend purchasing a separate small car seat better designed for air travel.
Related post: Read more about the best FAA-approved car seats.